Breaking the Lies: Knowing Who God Says You are in Christ.
As a mom, I want my children to walk in confidence—not in themselves, but in the Lord. I want them to know without a doubt who they are, what they are worth, and that they are deeply loved by God. But how can I teach them to believe these truths if I struggle to believe them myself?
This week, I am focusing on rejecting the lies the enemy has whispered to me for far too long and embracing what God says about me instead. Because the truth is, we cannot truly love and teach our children to walk in their God-given identity if we have not yet embraced it ourselves.
The Lies That Become Our Identity
The enemy is crafty. He doesn’t always attack in obvious ways; instead, he plants subtle lies—small seeds of doubt that, if left unchecked, grow into the way we see ourselves. Over time, these lies begin to shape our identity.
-
"You're Not Good Enough."
- Whether it’s in motherhood, marriage, work, or faith, the enemy loves to make us feel inadequate. But God says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)
-
"You're Too Broken to Be Loved."
- Our past mistakes and pain can feel like stains we can’t erase. But God says, "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." (Psalm 103:12)
-
"You’re Alone."
- In hard seasons, the enemy tries to isolate us with the lie that no one understands. But God promises, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)
-
"You’re a Bad Mom."
- We all have moments of struggle, but the enemy wants us to believe we are failing. God reminds us, "She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue." (Proverbs 31:26) He has given us everything we need to raise our children in Him.
-
"You’re Not Worthy of God’s Love."
- The enemy tries to convince us that we must earn God’s love. But the truth is, "God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8) His love is unconditional.
What I Tell My Children Every Day
Because I refuse to let the enemy's lies take root in my children's hearts, I speak truth over them daily. I want these words to be what they cling to in hard moments:
- You are loved. (Jeremiah 31:3)
- You are chosen. (1 Peter 2:9)
- You are wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
- You are strong and courageous. (Joshua 1:9)
- You are never alone. (Deuteronomy 31:6)
- You are created for a purpose. (Ephesians 2:10)
- You are victorious in Christ. (Romans 8:37)
But these aren’t just words for my children. They are for me, too. They are for you.
Choosing to Believe What God Says
It’s not enough to know these truths—we have to believe them. We have to let them sink into our hearts, replacing the lies we've carried for too long. Because when we walk in confidence in who God says we are, we become better mothers, better wives, and better reflections of Christ.
So this week, I choose to meditate on God’s truth and let it become the foundation of my identity. I pray that as I do, my children will see the change in me and grow to know without a doubt who they are in Him.
What lies have you believed for too long? And what truth will you choose to replace them with today?
Comments
Post a Comment