When Everything Hits at Once: Trusting God through the storm.

There are moments in life when everything seems to come crashing down all at once, and you can’t help but feel overwhelmed. Recently, my entire family, all at once, came down with sickness—myself included. As a mom of four, and twin stepkids I miss, the responsibility feels heavy even on the best of days, but when sickness sweeps through, everything becomes so much harder.

The house feels quieter, the air heavier, and every task that once felt simple now feels insurmountable. On top of that, the cupboards are bare, and the last stretch until payday looms large. I find myself stressing about how I’m going to make it, how to stretch what little we have, and feeling the weight of responsibility even more. There’s an ache in my heart, not only for my family’s well-being but for my own sense of peace.

But in the midst of it all, there’s one thing I find myself longing for—the constant urge to go to church. It's not just the physical space I’m craving; it's the presence of God. In the chaos and the uncertainty, I feel a pull to seek comfort in His word, to be reminded that I’m not alone in this. There’s something about being in the house of God that brings peace to my soul, that helps me remember that even in my struggles, He is with me.

As much as I need that, the sickness and the exhaustion hold me back. I’m disappointed in myself for not being able to make it, for feeling like I’m letting my faith down by not being there in person. But as I sit in the quiet, my family resting, I realize that God is still here. He doesn’t need me to show up physically to know that I’m seeking Him. My prayers are just as heard in the stillness of my home, as they would be in the pews of a church.

I’ll admit, this is a hard season. The stress of being sick while caring for others, the worry about finances, and the emotional weight of not being able to do it all can feel like too much. But in these moments, I have to remind myself that God sees me. He knows my struggles, my disappointments, and my exhaustion. And He’s here, in the midst of it all, even when I can’t make it to church or when I feel like I’ve fallen short.

If you’re walking through a similar season, know this: you’re not alone. Whether you’re sick, stressed, or just trying to make it through the day, God is right there with you. He sees your heart and understands your burdens. Take a moment to rest in His presence, even if it’s not in the way you expected. He’s always ready to meet you where you are.

Sometimes, faith doesn’t look like we expect. It’s not always about showing up in the traditional ways. Sometimes, it’s about showing up in the quiet moments, acknowledging the struggle, and trusting that God is with you through it all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Christians Judge the Woman Who Survived.

January: When Childcare Providers Pay the Price for December Choices.

The Gift That Made Me Homesick.